Demonstration Procedures for Civil Society Organizations - 2018 IMF-WBG Annual Meetings
(Prepared by the Indonesian Planning team in accordance with Indonesian laws)
1. Only CSO who have registered for the IMF-WBG Annual Meetings (AM) will be able to use the space for demonstration within the Annual Meetings campus.
2. The maximum number of participants is 100.
3. In line with Indonesian law, CSO who have not registered for the Annual Meetings will only be able to demonstrate outside Nusa Dua in Renon, Denpasar. The same will apply for demonstrations that are planning to have more than 100 participants.
4. Organizers of demonstrations should submit a written notice to the Headquarter of Indonesian Police Force ([email protected]), copying the Bali Regional Police ([email protected]), and the Indonesia Planning Team ([email protected]), no later than 72 hours prior to the demonstration (counting calendar days).
5. The written notice should contain:
- The purpose and objectives of the demonstration;
- Its time and duration;
- Name and contact details of the organizers;
- The Props that are planning to be used;
- The number of expected participants with a maximum of 100 (one hundred) persons.
6. Upon receiving the written notice from the organizers of the demonstration the Police will:
- Immediately provide a reply attaching a receipt that the written notice has been received by email;
- Contact the organizers to coordinate with them;
- Coordinate with the head of the Indonesian Planning Team handling the demonstration and inform the World Bank and IMF;
- Prepare and secure the locations and routes.
- If the request is denied, the police will inform the organizers
7. Demonstrations will be held with the following conditions:
- The location of the demonstration for registered CSO will be on the secondary road in front of Bali International Convention Center (Westin Nusa Dua), Bali.
- Demonstrations are allowed only between 07.00 and 17.00 Bali Time;
- Demonstrations should not interfere with the normal proceeding of the 2018 Annual Meetings event as a whole, including the traffic inside the Annual Meetings campus;
- Participants should not raise issues and or carry symbols that are contrary to the norms and morals of the Indonesian nation as well as domestic political affairs of other countries;
- Participants should not engage in acts contrary to customary norms applicable in Indonesia (e.g. nudity etc.) and destructive actions (e.g. burning objects, damaging public facilities etc.);
- Bringing objects that may endanger public safety (sharp objects, weapons and the like) including the use of drones is prohibited;
- Demonstrations should have 1 person responsible for each 20 participants. If the number of participants is more than 100 (one hundred) , the demonstration should take place outside Nusa Dua (see location above) or the additional participants would only be allowed as spectators, as long as they do not interfere with the traffic flow of the 2018 Annual Meetings;
- Comply with applicable laws and statutory provisions;
8. Demonstration is regulated under Law No.9 of 1998, Government Regulation (PP) No. 60 Year 2017, and Head of Indonesian Police Force Regulation (Perkap) No. 7 Year 2012.
9. Demonstrations are open to the public and may be covered by the media.
10. The cancellation of the demonstration shall be submitted in written notice directly by the contact persons to the Police no later than 24 (twenty-four) hours prior to the demonstration time.
11. If the demonstration/the participants fail to comply with the provisions set forth above, then the security team has the right to dismiss the demonstration.
12. The participants who commit unlawful acts, may be subject to legal sanction in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations by referring to Law No.9 of 1998.