1. Based on national regulation number 39 year 2009 about MKG (UU No.39/2009) and presidential regulation number 11 year 2016 about MKG observation (PP No.11/2016), BMKG is the official institution to observe, analyses, and give information of MKG in Indonesia. According to article 44 of UU No.39/2009, it is stated that central and/or local government, and other stakeholders obliged to use information regarding meteorology, climatology, and geophysics to produce policy in certain sectors.
2. Concerning the source of mechanism and depth of hypocenter, Lombok earth quake which was happen at 5th of August has magnitude of 7,0 scale Richter, and on 19th of August with magnitude of 6,9 scale Richter. It can be conclude that earth quake was cause by the increasing activity of sesar flores which located at the north part of Lombok.
Sensar flores is an active sensar which able to trigger a big earth quake such as Flores earth quake in 1992.
3. concerning the location of earth quake epicenter on 19 august 2018, which located at the east part of Lombok and the earth quake epicenter was spread out far to the east side of Sumbawa, building a new cluster, so it reach north part of west Sumbawa. From those facts, it can be concluded that that this earth quake is different than the previous one (5 august 2018).
4. Based on field survey, the impact from both earth quake reach maximum of VIII-IX MMI at west Lombok, east Lombok, and north Lombok. it is proved by findings of land erotion, likuifaction, and indication of uplift, and subsidence.
5. An aftershock earth quake with lower magnitude cause from both earth quake, are predicts to be happen in the future for the next 6 month. Therefore, all citizens are warn to remain calm and cautious, follow every directions from government, and do not easily believe any information related to earth quake that do not release by the government. this is mainly because there are no tools that may give early warning system or predict earth quake.
Any information about earth quake will be provided by BMKG, and can be access from an application (infobmkg), or through official website www.bmkg.go.id.
6. By far there are no increases on earth quake activity in around Lombok due to previous main earth quake. any information related to earth quake can be found at https://magma.vsi.esdm.go.id.
7. All information in the press release are made by experts from related institution, as part of mitigation plan of earth quake.